Tuesday, February 25, 2014

What I'm Reading

Actually, in all honesty, I read this book a while back but it is a book that often comes back to me. I love the idea of gathering together with a random group of folks for weekly cooking lessons in a homey restaurant. Learning all the back stories of who came, why they were there or who lead them to an interest in the art of cooking is completely fascinating to me. This book has me daydreaming of how much I would love this type of cozy, low key cooking with folks while learning the amazing histories to each of their lives. There are not many books, out side of the cookbook sort, that I read and can just tell I will be rereading it again and again. The School Of Essential Ingredients is just that kind of book for me. In fact as soon as I finished it I immediately looked up other books by the author, another first for me, and read through them with the same eager hunger and curiosity that I read the initial book with. This is just a little sample of the rotating favorite cookbooks that I am always flipping through. I can't get enough of the Nourishing Meals, Food In Jars and Super Natural Everyday books. If I had to pick just a handful of books to keep these would be at the top of my list. I've even been known to keep a cookbook or two on my bedside table for night reading and reference. Anyone else do this too?

No comments: