Monday, November 10, 2008

Faraway Friends and a Kitchen Weekend

Recently Guru and I were able to travel to Colorado to visit some very dear friends. In getting ready for our time together my friend emailed me with questions of what we would like to do during our stay with them in Colorado. My response was simply, "spend time with you and learn to cook some great Moroccan food". In her previous life, my friend (Mama N) and her mama ran a very popular Moroccan restaurant. I have only once before sampled the flavors of Morocco, so I was very excited to try my hand at preparing a few dishes. In my mind, there is nothing more pleasant and relaxing than time spent preparing something in the kitchen with someone special. We spent our afternoons in her fabulous kitchen chopping, chatting, mixing, sauteing, laughing, and tasting while Mama N's hubby entertained the little ones. He was rewarded with a fresh Moroccan feast each night. I am in love with the flavors of Morocco and can't wait for another chance to cook together with Mama N. I will also treasure the huge supply of saffron I was sent home with, thank you Grandma K!

P.S. Once I am able to recreate any of the dishes we put together I will gladly share the recipes.

No comments: